Officially Endorses Mike Huckabee
for President of the United States Of America.
This decision is made with the following in mind:
- "My faith is my life - it defines me. My faith doesn't influence my decisions, it drives them."
- "My convictions regarding the sanctity of life have always been clear and consistent, without equivocation or wavering. I believe that Roe v. Wade should be over-turned."
- "I believe that every child should have the opportunity for a quality education that teaches the fundamental skills needed to compete in a global economy."
- "We don't need universal health care mandated by federal edict or funded through ever-higher taxes. We do need to get serious about preventive health care instead of chasing more and more dollars to treat chronic disease, which currently gobbles up 80% of our health care costs, and yet is often avoidable."
- "I'd like you to join me at the best "Going Out of Business" sale I can imagine - one held by the Internal Revenue Service. Am I running for president to shut down the federal government? Not exactly. But I am running to completely eliminate all federal income and payroll taxes."
- "I support and have always supported passage of a federal constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman. As President, I will fight for passage of this amendment."
- "My number one priority is to secure America's border. I opposed the amnesty bill that was defeated by the Senate in June."
- "Iraq is a battle in our generational, ideological war on terror. General Petraeus and our troops are giving their all to provide a window of opportunity for the Iraq government to succeed, while the Democrats are running for the exit doors."
- "Radical Islamic fascists have declared war on our country and our way of life. They have sworn to annihilate each of us who believe in a free society, all in the name of a perversion of religion and an impersonal god. We go to great extremes to save lives, they go to great extremes to take them. This war is not a conventional war, and these terrorists are not a conventional enemy. I will fight the war on terror with the intensity and single-mindedness that it deserves."
- "I salute and support Israel as our staunch ally in the War on Terror and our greatest friend in that region."
- "No candidate has a stronger, more consistent record on Second Amendment rights than I do."
Please be encouraged to visit Mike Huckabee's Official Site.