Thursday, November 01, 2007

This Day In History

On November 1, 1979 one of the most amazing things happened. My oldest-youngest brother was born! There are no words that can express my love for my brother. I love him with all of my heart and I am so very thankful that God blessed me with the gift of brotherhood.

In celebration of his birthday, I am including a list of interesting facts that you may or may not know about him. (I do this with love, of course!)

1.) Did you know that Jason was supposed to be a girl? Apparently, he was so modest in the womb that he would never allow the doctors to 'see' exactly what he was. His female name would have been Jennifer. (I love you Jason!)

2.) Jason used to be covered in freckles! Still to this day I keep a picture of him, at seven years old, on my desk. He is smiling- like usual- so big that his eyes are almost completely shut and he is completely freckled out. He hates the picture, but it is one of my favorite, and it will probably always be on my desk!

3.) He used to love cheese so much, that he would go to people's refrigerator and say, 'eese, eese'. My mother used to say how embarrassed she would get. He still really likes cheese- the stronger and stinkier the better.

4.) In the very middle of Jason's first grade class picture you will see Jason smiling and holding Scott- his Cabbage Patch doll. My mom told him he would always regret taking Scott to school and having him in the picture- but it sure has been a great laugh seeing it all these years. I am so glad she let him!

5.) After all the years of looking he actually really did marry someone a lot like me! Can you believe it? Is that scary or what? (I love you Julie!)

Just a few little things I thought you all might like to know about my brother on his birthday! I love you Jason. I hope you have had a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Happy Birthday, Jason! May the coming year be one of the best.

Lynn said...

HA!! I don't think I would be speaking to you for a while if I were Jason, after that #1.... and #4.

Mandy said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jason! I wish you the very best in the coming year! We miss you! Love and Prayers!

jay5in said...

For the record. Sonograms (spelling?) were not affordable at the time and Mom never had one while pregnant with either of us. The doctor thought I was a girl by my heart beat. Mom also bet the doctor a dollar, which he never payed. I wonder what compounded interest would make that dollar today...

Joseph James said...

Whatever...go update your blog!

Keith and Carla said...

A happy belated birthday to you, Jason!